After our fun time at the BYU game we started our journey home to Idaho for Christmas. By the time we hit colorado a nasty storm hit and we watched the roads turn from water to slush to ice within a few minutes. Luckily we had gotten early christmas presents for oursevles which was some new phones (Droids) so we had gps and internet so we were able to find where we were and were the closest town was. We had to back track about 10 miles but the snow and frozen roads weren't something we wanted to drive on. We ended up in Durango, CO and were able to find a cheap hotel that let us have our dogs for only $8 for the night. Braxton was so flipping excited to be out of the car, he was jumping on the beds and running around the room.
The dogs on the other hand were glad to be out of the car but not so much in the hotel, mainly cause we didn't want to risk the chance of territorial marking so they stayed in their cage or in the bathroom to eat.
I dumped some ice into our little cooler that night and when I emptied it the next morning there was an ice cube completely frozen onto the stem of the apple, I could actually hold the ice cube and swing the apple around. I just thought it was cool.
While we driving it was complete dessert and then there was this giant round mountain of rock with a hole that looked like a cave at the bottom. It was so cool! I really wanted to stop and go explore it, but that wasn't an option.
Our first full day in Idaho Falls I was able to meet with some of my girlfriends from chuck-a-rama and we took our kids Leo's Place to let them play while we ate and visited.
I'm a lil frustrated that this came burry but I have this same picture of him when he was 1 year old.
He won some candy out of a machine and one of them was a warhead, I told him it was a yucky candy, but he had to find out for himself. So I opened it and
No comments:
Post a Comment