January 6, 2011

Lie or Lion?

            Oh my, this past week Braxton has began to tell us lies. He will do something wrong and when we ask him if he did it and he will tell us it was Lucky or Cooper. Today alone he has lied twice, the first time was this afternoon when he had poured a cup of water under the table and tried to tattle on Lucky saying that he had peed on the floor. But, when I looked closer I learned that it was water and looked at him and asked him again and asked "Is this water or pee?" he started laughing and said that is water and took off running. This last lie just a few minutes ago ended up with 2 timeouts and mom and dad laughing hard. I sat down after dinner and was watching TV then I glanced down at the the arm rest and discovered an elaborate drawing with pen on my couch. Being the only child and the dogs unable to use a pen, I knew exactly who did it. I told him to come, and he did. I grabbed him and asked him if he did it. He giggled a little and told me "No." I walked him over to the wall and sat him down for a timeout for coloring on the couch.  One minute later, I let him get up and come talk to me again. I asked him if he had colored on the couch again and he said "yes" with a little giggle again. Then, I asked him if he was going to do it again and he got a huge smile on his face and nodded his head "yes." Brandon on the other hand busted out laughing at his response, which of course didn't help my situation.  Next, Brandon took a turn attempting to explain lying to him. Brandon started off asking him "Do you know what a lie is?" Braxton's response was "Roar Roar!" just like a lion. We both started laughing our heads off! We eventually calmed down and tried to explain to him what he had done wrong, then he got another short time out. Oh my goodness a new little liar and a comedian, we've got a long road ahead of us with this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment