January 11, 2011

Finally home with some extras

Braxton loved my mom's giant stuffed dog and her puppies. It was all he wanted to really play with on our last day at her house.
They were so happy to be with us again after spending two weeks at my moms.
Trouble on the way home!!
Our trip went quit well until we were about 20 miles away from Payson, AZ and a chunk of ice jumped under our car and bounced its way through. Wedidn't think anything was wrong so we continued, until we came to a stop light in Payson and smelled gasoline. We pulled over and looked under the car to see THIS, gas pouring out of our tank from an inch wide hole. I'm so glad I wasn't driving or I might have gotten an earful on driving over the ice chunk. :)
Braxton, not understanding any of what had happened was super happy to be out of his seat.

Brandon came up with a pretty good patch for the car, Luckily we were close to a town that actually had a wal-mart. So Brandon went in and bought some JB Quick Weld, Clear waterproof adhesive, Gorilla Tape, and strong automotive paper towels. This incident caused a two hour stop at a very busy little town which had been snowed in for the passed 3 days and it seemed like everyone and their dog was at wal-mart that day. Luckily Brandon's patch held up and is still holding up a week later.
We put him to work holding the towels for dad
and we used Braxton's puke bucket for a container to catch all the gas pouring out.
He wanted to show us that he was a big kid and wanted to hold Lucky who is by far the strongest of the two. So I let him, but I laced Coopers leash ( which I had) through Lucky's body collar to hold onto both of them.
Finally we got back on the road and Brax was in heaven with his personal "ecstasy" powdered doughnuts. He passed out shortly after this picture was taken with half the bag devoured.



Now safe at home, Brandon got into one of his "try something new" stages and was online searching for a new recipe to try and found Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. They are amazing and so yummy! We made a giant one and split it into four.

Brax finally decided that he likes his toothpaste. So much that he brushed his teeth with lots of toothpaste and got it on the sink, his hands, face and shirt.

last week Braxton spilled 7up on my bed so after I stripped off the sheets I told him that he couldn't be on our bed to watch TV and that he had to lay on his bed in his room and watch his TV. 
Well, after about 30 minutes of no sign of him I wandered into his room to find an empty room. I opened my bedroom door and he had snuck into our room turned on our TV  watched his movie and fell asleep on our pillows on the floor. I felt bad after I had found him realizing how much he wanted to sleep on our bed, but also happy that he had obeyed me and not jumped onto our bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment