May 7, 2012

My trip to Colorado

Brandon left 2 hours before I did and I got started about 1-1/2 hours later than I was planning on. But the trip went rather smoothly, beside the rain we ran into in Utah.
We started out with tears from Braxton. I had to stop by and drop off the mail key to our renters and Braxton couldn't understand why he could not go into his house. He was quite upset about it.
 They both slept a lot.
 and notice the puke bucket in Braxton's lap... ya, he gets car sick and threw up 4 times in 6 hours until we stopped and I got him some Dramamine and then he was fine. Luckily he was old enough  to tell me he was going to throw up.

 We got to see the biggest tire we've ever seen on the road.
 Brandon had a meeting that was mandatory in Utah, so we decided that the boys and I would stay at Brandon's brothers house overnight since it is impossible for me to drive and night and not get tired.  So we took the advantage and stopped in to visit some friends from last summer and see their new baby girl. She was a complete DOLL, literally! It took the kids about 10 minutes to warm up to each other again, but then, oh my, the giggling, screaming and running wouldn't stop.
These babies are only 6 weeks apart and Logan is twice Brinlee's size. 
She is as light as feather and so petite, it looked like he could have eaten her and tried too once he got a hold of her hand. :)


 Electronics were saved till the last 3 hours when they were getting pretty frustrated with being in the car.

The most frustrating part of the trip is when I had stopped at a gas station to get the Dramamine for Brax. I called brandon to check in and he told me to just stay on I-70 and it would take me right to where I needed to be. (Okay let me be clear here, I told brandon that I did not know where I was going, he told me to put it into my phone and follow the navigation. Well, since I started in Riverton and not Provo my phone took me an extra 80 miles.) My response was somewhat worried, 
Me: I'm not on the 70, I'm on the 80"
Him: You're on the 80! Your supposed to be on the 70!
Me: I told you I didn't know where I was going, I did just what you told me too and followed my phone.
Him: ok, I'm sorry that is my fault, but you're going to be on the road for an additional hour. 

I was not very happy and that point. Then he continues to drop more bad news on me. 
Him: Oh, and you're not going to like this...We're on the third floor and our apt smells a little like smoke.
Oh and Nate's (Nate is a 18yr old kid that Brandon recruited to sell this summer.) apt is not ready so he's going to be staying with us for a week.
Me: Okay.....(beginning to be very frustrated)

I held my tongue and then started driving  the last 3 hours to our new home for the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment