May 7, 2012

Kid updates, etc.

I've been having a few thoughts, kid updates  and hilarious moments with the boys that I've been wanting to write down over the past few weeks so here it goes.

The first Sunday we were here we had the best lessons in Relief Society that I've had in a while. It was on Temples and how to prepare our children to attend someday.  Everyone was telling stories of special times that they had had while attending. The one that stuck with me the most was a by a older sister about her grandson. She had went in to attend something for a friend while her husband and grandson waited in the car. When she had finished and returned to the car she asked her grandson if it was a long wait and if he got bored. (I still break out the tears when I think of his response) He responded that he didn't get bored. She then asked what he did the whole time and he said that he had been watching all the people dressed in white standing on the front lawn of the temple, happily waiting and going inside one at a time.
This story struck me so intensely, it makes me think of Braxton every time. Braxton loves to see the temple and points one out every time we pass one. A month ago when we attempted to take family pictures in front of the temple he was so upset he broke down in tears, when we told him that couldn't go inside the temple. That was the only thing in his mind that he wanted to do, was go inside the temple. 



Now onto updates on the boys the cute and funny parts of my days over the past few weeks.

Logan – 6 months


Logan is the happiest sweetest baby!
 He now weighs 22lbs 12 oz and is 28 inches tall. He eats like a machine, he always has but it seems like so much more lately. A normal day consists of him eating 4 jars of baby food mixed with baby cereal and 24-32oz of formula. So let's just say that I'm changing about 7 diapers a day.
He is ticklish everywhere! His hands, feet, belly, armpits, thighs, neck...I mean everywhere! He is learning how to move forward and turn around in the walker. He is also sleeping a lot better and almost all night when he has a full full tummy. He can also hold his bottle as long as there is only 1oz. in it, more than that and it's too heavy for him.
Logan is such a big boy, not really fat anymore, just solid. He tries so hard to sit up and is getting a lot better and making it about 1-2 minutes at times. He has a lot of trouble cause his tubby little belly gets squished by his diaper, but in the tub naked he sit's up like a pro. Tonight he lasted 5 minutes before he started to get wobbly. He even played for the first time in the bath, splashy and squealing. But the cutest thing he does is when he is on his tummy and tries to army crawl (which he hasn't quite got down) he rocks back in forth and turns circles, he looks like a baby seal or beached baby whale. :) he even makes this funny little sound which Brandon calls his moose call. 
We love this little boy so much! He loves to go for walks, being outside for any reason and watch the big tree move outside our window.


Braxton – 4 years


Braxton's Interview

1. What is your favorite color?
blue
2. What is your favorite toy?
bumblebee transformer
"A big one! I need a big one too."
3. What is your favorite fruit?
Watermelon
4. What is your favorite tv show?
Power Rangers
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch
Tacos
6. What is your favorite outfit?
Buzz light year shirt
7. What is your favorite game?
"Ice game" aka Don't break the ice
8. What is your favorite snack?
popsicles
9. What is your favorite animal? 
 A giraffe and a rhinoceros
10. What is your favorite song? 
Old McDonald
11. What is your favorite book? 
The Hippo-not-amus
12. Who is your best friend? 
Tanner  
 Why? Because I like to play basketball with him.
13. What is your favorite cereal?
LIfe
 14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? 
Play Soccer ball
15. What is your favorite drink?
watermelon slushies! "I like them, they are so yummy, they are so cold!"
 16. What is your favorite holiday? 
Christmas 
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? 
Big puppy
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? 
"ummmm, I thinking, I thinking...Cookies!"
Me: we don't have cookies for breakfast, do we?
"haha, no, I like toast"
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? 
CAKE 
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?
"I be taller! Just like Dad, you is tiny, you're not bigger mom."
21.What to do you do that is awesome!?
I'm just a cool guy (with a silly smirk on his face)
When you were a baby what did you do?
I crawled
What food is yucky to you?
NOT PANCAKES!
 um, I thinking.... I not have another question.


Then he interviewed me:
What is your favorite tree house ladder? 
Me: um, a good ladder to get in the tree house.
Ya, (giggles) we need to make one there in that big tree out there.

What is your favorite animal? A rhinoceros in a tree house, in a bed, in a tree house with a blankey and a pillow?
Me: Sure

What is your favorite water bottle?
Me: our new Camelbak bottle

This kid just cracks me up! He is so smart and is so quick witted.  He loves to do anything outside, but as soon as he gets tired it's time to go inside.  He always has something funny to say, in which most cases it ends with "eat my doggies". Do not ask me why I have yet to understand why it is so funny to him.  Braxton now weighs in at 36lbs and is growing taller and taller.  He is a little overly affectionate towards his brother, kisses have been non stop lately. I am constantly finding myself pulling him off of Logan's cheeks. If they were short soft kisses that wouldn't be a big deal, but they are long and hard to the point of smashing his face.
In January Braxton started speech therapy. I was a little nervous about continue it by myself. We would start just like he did with his teacher and I would pretty much get the same response each time, "Mom, not now no more". So I started looking online and found this awesome website that has all the letters and when you click on them it says the sound a few times then says it in a sentence. He loves it! and asks almost everyday to do his school on the computer. He does really well and writing his letters, we're still learning what they are but he loves to copy words on his chalk board. And DANCING! This kid has some moves, he is an awesome dancer and dances wherever and whenever he hears music. He is such a joy to have around and I can't wait till his speech is understandable to everyone because he is so funny and lovable. 


His latest thing is doing the dishes.  He even emptied the whole dishwasher all by himself without being asked and gave me the stuff that goes up high and he loves to help fold all the wash clothes when were doing laundry.


Last week Braxton made me so frustrated and confused to exactly what he was thinking.  We had been outside playing and walking around, when came inside and he said he wanted to go outside on the porch and draw with his chalk. So he went outside and I laid Logan down for a nap.  I stepped into the front room just as he was walking in taking his pants off. A terrified uh oh look came over his face and I asked him what he did.  He froze. I walked out onto the porch (which by the way is not concrete like a normal apt balcony, it's 2x6 wood boards) to see a big wet spot on the wood.  I firmly asked him if it was water, he said no and then a smile crept onto his face "it's my pee" I was then mortified. He had not only peed on our balcony but the neighbors below us as well (who have a concrete balcony! what's with that? ugh, never mind).  So since it had already dripped below and soaked into the wood I ran in and grabbed some baking soda and carefully sprinkled it on the wood so that it wouldn't start to smell in the heat.  Well during all this chaos, Logan woke up. So I put Braxton on time out and went to put him back to bed. Okay, now it gets even better or worse which ever way you are looking at it. Brax comes into my room, I told him his time out was not over, and he continues to say "look mom I washed my hands!" I got up to find his hands covered in white powder. I ran out to the porch to find the baking soda gone and smeared all over and then I looked through to the downstairs neighbors to see little pile of white baking soda pee pellets.  He was immediately stripped down and tossed in the shower....oh boy.


And now some random pics of the kids the last few weeks.
The first week adjusting to no internet and no yard, the large tub with glow sticks is what saved this little boy and my sanity.


 Surprising me with a letter that he wrote
The letter "P"! He was so proud and then showed me where he had seen the letter.
 Caught him trying to smash a bug in the window with my shoes

 Free face painting at Walmart


 Dr. Hawkes and his Patient


 Making a pine cone bird feeder for a preschool activity



No comments:

Post a Comment