Then 2 hours later we returned to see the very bridge we walk over on our walks covered with a dozen police cars, the whole bridge and about 100ft surrounding it marked off with CRIME SCENE tape, and about 15-20 people standing on the sidelines, the CRIME LAB VAN was there and police were encircled around something I couldn't see next to the Coroners Van parked on the grass near the canal. My first thought was "OMG, someone was murdered!" This bridge is also only about 800ft from my building.
So that night I got online and search the local news stations to see if I could find something about what had happened so close to us. Turns out around 11:30am a person out walking called 911 and reported a the body of a man under the bridge under about 1ft of water. The police suspected that is was an older man who had disappeared the night before.
I am so glad I listened! We very well could have been the people to find this poor man. It was the exact route we were going to walk that morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment