October 25, 2010

Sunday Picnic

We decided to go for a spur of the minute picnic in the mountains. So we got home from church, changed clothes, grabbed the cooler, buns, and hot dogs. Along with the actual dogs which turned out to be a mistake. They drove us nuts. We had a really good time, building a fire, roasting hot dogs, and hiking up the mtn to try and get some cute pics next to the stream.



 My favorite







Lucky spotted these lizards (which were everywhere).
Brandon looked closer and saw that the big one was trying to eat the little one.
I climbed up the rock to try and get a closer picture. This was the closest I got and I saved the little lizard by accidentally scaring the big one.  

When I got all the way up there they fell in between the rocks and I got closer to see where they went and found a large plastic toy dinosaur!








 Our attempts at family self portraits

 not quite ready


 He was pretty much done and tired and ready to go home.
 Some of the pretty views where we stopped








 Signs that Fall has arrived!
The Trees starting to turn colors.



1 comment:

  1. that looks like a lot of fun... today the weather turned and it was SO cold outside... i really wanted to go on a walk but the wind was TOO cold for us... thanks for the awesome posts :) i should learn from you :)

    ReplyDelete