May 26, 2010

Lake Creator and Fish Killer

Well the title says it all... Braxton my energentic 2 year old boy managed in a matter of minutes to cause extreme havoc and destruction in my living room.
Here's the story:

I took the fish out of the tank and put them in a LARGE bucket to chill for a bit while I cleaned the tank, So I realized I needed to go to the store and get some filtered water to fill the tank back up because our tap water is so chlorinated I try not to use it. So I went into my room and started putting on my makeup and getting my hair up when I thought I could here splashing... I ran out into the living room and saw what he had done and screamed!
He had emptied the bucket of water all over the floor and left the fish with none laying in the empty bucket. So I grabbed the fish and immediately put some water in the bucket with their air tube, then grabbed my child, gave him a firm swat on the butt(which didn't phase him) and put him in time out (this phased him, he knew he was in trouble).
After that I grabbed every towel I could find to try and mop up the fish water, luckily we have tile so hopefully no damage was done to the floor.
During all this chaos he had slipped off time out and went into the front room to play with his toys. NOT GOOD, I was so frustrated! I picked him up again and showed him the mess and told him that it was a NO NO! He just giggled at me, so I locked him in his room.
I was soooo mad/upset with him.
And to top it off 2 of the smaller fish were dead within an hour and my large 7in. fish that I have had for 4 years died last night. The other 2 are still a little sluggish.

Alright now, that's my venting.
And Lesson learned for me, but honestly I never thought that he would empty the bucket.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the joy that comes with boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids... Paige still does stuff like that. Maybe not like that exactly, but making messes with things that she's not suppoosed to get into. It IS really frusterating! I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete