March 29, 2012

Snowmobile Trip

A few weeks ago I got to go on my first long snowmobile trip with Brandon. We went with his Dad, 2 brothers, 2 uncles, 1 cousin and a family friend. I was the only girl. I didn't know that until the night before, but that didn't matter. :)


Here we are stopping for lunch. 

Breaking trees for firewood and also Ryan climbing trees to get the dry kindling.











freshly made hot dog sticks. The fire was super hot, as you can tell by the next few pics.




We were starting to leave from lunch and get back on the trail when Brandon's dad got his machine stuck. He gunned it and threw so much snow backwards that it would have completely put out the fire, but Brandon was right behind the snowmobile and got covered! I didn't have my camera out at the time. It was hilarious!








Almost to the Hot Spring!


Chilling in the hot springs for about an hour, It was really warm and it was pretty nasty water too. 




Ryan was dared to go and lay in the snow for 20 seconds. It was really hard snow, I stepped into it and the top layer was icy and hurt pretty bad.








 I got out of the hot spring first so I could change my clothes while the guys sat under the waterfall. Well, I got all dressed and sat down to put on my socks when out of the corner of my eye I saw this large brown hump. My heart skipped a few beats. I thought it was a bear. Then it lifted it's head and it was a moose about 75 yards away from me just staring at me. Then I saw another one just a few yards away from the other.(They're hard to see in the first picture) It turned out to be a mother and her one year old baby.







No comments:

Post a Comment