September 26, 2011

Hawkes Family Reunion Camping Trip

Since Brandon's family is getting older and siblings have been getting married, they've started having an annual camping trip to Yellowstone for a family reunion.  We left the day after the wedding to go camping. 
There was a little mishap with the belt on the suburban and Brandon and his Dad had to take our car back to Ashton to get a new one. So the kids entertained themselves running around the car and drawing in the dirt with sticks. 
If you can believe it over 15 cars drove right by us, 4 women and a bunch of kids, with the hood up and not a single one asked if we needed help. Kinda shocking.


The first day we went on a hike which I only went the first little part then turned around with Sherisse since she can't hike with her knee and I was 32 weeks preggers at the time. Brandon took Brax the whole way, and I was told that he did pretty darn well except when they had to come back down the steep part. He got scared and had to be carried.






 Brax made sure Dad was looking at the camera. 
 Believe it or not we only saw 4 buffalo, that right FOUR. Two of them were in the dark so Brax only got to see 2. He was so excited each time he saw one too. 
 We saw a few Elk, but it was quite disappointing to barely see any animals the whole trip. It was actually really weird.

 We went to the Boiling River and everyone but me went swimming. Afterwards Brandon said I would have been just fine and really should of gone in. But, I didn't bring a single thing to swim in.



 So I was the photographer, here is everyone in the swimming hole. 








 So happy and having fun after swimming, he didn't even realize he was freezing cold.
 Crazy hair after swimming.





 I asked him to take off his PJs, I guess he thought he could get them off with his coat and shoes still on or something.
 He had to have a picture with mom.
 He wanted to "pretend" to sleep with dad. It was pretty funny.
 He loved uncle Ryan's hammock
 



 On Sunday we went to Old Faithful and to church. 
There were some pretty darn big crows, Brax really wanted to chase this one so I let him he actually got pretty close. If he hadn't hesitated he probably could of kicked it.
 Brax taking a picture, pretty good for a 3 year old.

Family Picture at Old Faithful
 Waiting for it to go off!


There is goes! He was in awe of all the water.
Scowly face for being told not to climb on the balcony railing.



 Mom and Dad didn't want to go on the walk around the geysers so Brax went with Nana, Sherisse, and Erin.

On our way home Monday afternoon, we stopped by Big Judds.


He was very insistent on getting his drink from the other side of the table. 

 He was a stinker and wouldn't eat the hamburger, so all he ate was fries.
 oh and ice cream that our waitress gave him on our way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment