September 26, 2011

Farming with Dad and Grandpa Hawkes' Funeral

Brandon has been farming with his Uncle Jim for the past few weeks. The first Monday he took Brax for the day and then these past two Monday's he has taken him overnight and stayed in the camper up near the Ranch house. Brax loves riding the tractor with dad, but he will not admit it. He is up with Dad overnight again tonight and I'll go get him in the morning and drive with them for a little bit.

 Whoa! It's bumpy!
 Trying to get a good picture.
Dad's not looking
 Neither of them are looking...
 Somewhat Good!
We'll get a better shot tomorrow when i go up, since this is there last week.

Brandon's been taking some really cute ones of Brax while they've been up there.


 Driving the Truck to get to the field.

Past out cold on the floor of the tractor. Brandon say's that he'll sleep a little over 3 hours like this every time he's taken him up there.  Today he even got to ride the combine with Uncle Jim and fell asleep in there.





Brandon's Grandpas Funeral
The week that harvest started, Brandon's Grandpa Hawkes passed away. Even though it was known to be coming for quite some time, it was still a very emotional weekend.

Brandon and I at the viewing, he wasn't being very cooperative. This was our 3rd attempt at getting a good picture.


The oldest male cousin of every family were the pallbearers. Except Jared he's second, but Josh sang at the funeral.
 All of Brandon's Family...with spouses and grand kids there are 16.5 of us.


54 of 57 cousins (plus spouses and kids) were able to make it for the funeral.
Whitney and Elizabeth are serving missions and Robert and Raffa were unable to make it from AZ.

When I heard that the whole family but 4 were in attendance I suggested that they get everyone together at the luncheon and take a family picture. All the brothers and sisters loved the idea since this is the first time that this many of the family have been together at one time.
By looking at the picture... I believe I count 109 ppl.

(My little monkey is making the silly face on the bottom row on the left side)



No comments:

Post a Comment