July 28, 2011

ITS A.....

....BOY!
As you can imagine Brandon is thrilled!
Me, I really thought it was a girl but I prepared myself for a boy.  Then I started thinking that I get to keep decorating Braxton's room the same and remembered all the cute things I have from Braxton and things I've bought on clearances and such. I'm a lot more excited now than I was this morning. 
Braxton understands a lot more now that he got to see his baby brother, and held the picture the whole way home in the car and then put it on the fridge when we got home. 


For anyone who wants to watch the video of the ultrasound it's posted on my Facebook page. :)


_________________________________________________________

Reorganizing my blog and didn't want to lose this page of info up to 16 weeks of pregnancy with Logan. so here it is.


We're Pregnant!!!

It's about time this happened again, after almost 2 years of trying we are excited to announce we are expecting the first week of November!
Don't feel bad if you didn't know, we didn't tell anyone. It was easier to keep a secret since we lived so far away from any family.


Braxton's understanding

I've been trying to tell Braxton that I have a baby in my tummy. :)
Well, he gets all excited and then starts rambling off on something completely random. haha. He is such a cutie and I'm so excited for him to be a big brother. I'm a little nervous on how he is going to react to another kid that needs attention in the house, and where he is not the center of attention.  I think he'll be okay and I'm going to try to prepare him over the next 6 1/2 months.
Just a couple of hilariously funny things he has done so far:
I was showing him pictures of Brandon's cousins little boy on the computer and I asked him if he wanted to have a cute baby to come stay at our house. He said yes, then scooped his hands together on the computer screen, like he was picking up the baby through the computer and then giving the invisible baby to me to kiss and hold. :) He's done that more than once, it's so cute!
We were in the grocery store in the produce section and I asked him if he wanted some bananas. He looked at me and said "no, the baby wants bananas" while pointing and rubbing his tummy and smiling from ear to ear. Then he did the same thing with the apples too! I was laughing so hard at him he thought it was hilarious too! LOL!



Gender guessing

Today was the first day in a week that I actually felt half way decent for a few hours. I have been continually sick and exhausted 24 hours a day. I haven't thrown up at all yet but I sure have tried. With how different this pregnancy has been so far, compared to Braxton's where I'd throw up once or twice in the morning and then be fine the rest of the day.
Brandon and I have agreed that we both feel that we are going to have a little princess! I'm super psyched if we turn out to be right, a boy would be so much more convenient since we have everything we need for a baby boy. But a girl! :) We'll be happy with either, Brandon prefers a boy though.


6 Week Picture


So Busy So Tired

Oh my gosh! The past two weeks have been excruciating!
To start off, I had the opportunity to make the Relief Society birthday cake which I excitedly accepted way before the whole preger thing happened.  Even the thought of cake makes me sick! I've puked 3 times now which is a whole lot less than Braxton. To add onto the stress of that week finding out I'm pregnant being 100% sick 24hrs a day, homework and essays due, work, and packing up half my house to travel home to Idaho before we move to Texas for the summer. Luckily the sickness lightened up a little and I was able to travel somewhat decently. I'm pretty sure my mom is clueless but I think Brandon's mom figured it out.


I'm now eight weeks along!!
My appointment is scheduled for next friday the 8th and I'm nervous to make sure everything is okay and I'm as far along as I think I am.


Dr. Appt!

Had my first appointment yesterday! the clinic I went to was ridiculous, I was there for 2 1/2 hours and their ultrasound machine was honestly from the 80s. I was thinking I was about 9 1/2 weeks but the heart rate was so strong and loud that the doctor decided that I was around 10 1/2 weeks instead. But just to make sure how far along I am, the doc put in a request for me to go to the hospital and get a proper ultrasound.  They did do an ultrasound with their ancient machine and i got to see the wiggly little baby. He/She stretched out all of its limbs and flipped a circle or two then returned to a little ball. It was so reassuring to see it swimming around, I have a feeling that this one is going to be even more active than Braxton.
Afterwards I called Brandon and told him he immediately changed his mind and decided he wanted to tell our parents now and everyone else in a few weeks. When I told my mom she about broke my ear drums from all her screaming. and immediately wanted to tell everyone. Which I had to make her promise she wouldn't.


anxiety attacks :(

Well for the past week I have been having severe chest pains and short of breath, it just comes out of now where. I finally called the doctor and they said that it sounded like anxiety attacks and then they wanted me to go to the ER and get IV fluids. Um, I don't think so. I'm not going to have to pay extra for IV's and dumb people making me wait forever.  So I grabbed a cup of noodles and made it drank the broth and felt better. I now keep a bottle of Gatorade with me and constantly sip it and it seems to be helping. I can't wait for the next week and half to be over. Finals, Packing and Moving 800 miles is not going to be fun. Hopefully I will calm down once it's all done and over with.

NEW DUE DATE!
OCTOBER 27
On a happy note!! I had my ultrasound appt. today and found out that I am 1week and 2 days farther along than originally thought! So tomorrow I will be 13 weeks! The past 3 days it seems I have started to show a bit, not to happy about it but it was bound to happen. :)








A little bigger at 16 weeks


!
The morning sickness has finally subsided! YAY!!  But I am totally exhausted! I've found that I need at least 10 hours of sleep each night but prefer 12.  It makes it hard when Brandon gets home late and Brax stays up so he can see daddy.  
On the gender, we have decided to wait until we get back up to Rexburg.  But I still think it's a girl and without any coaxing what so ever Braxton says that the baby is a girl every time he is asked. So fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment