July 9, 2011

Beginning July, Brandon's Bday

Brandon's Birthday was on the 3rd and it just so happened to be on the same day as the bake-off that a few of the wives had organized. 
I let Brandon choose the cake that I was going to make for the bake-off and his b-day cake. He chose the cake I made a few years ago for his brother's wedding. I edited it a little bit and it turned out even yummier!
The big change I made was adding white chocolate to the cake mix in the form of pudding and melted white chocolate into the frosting. It was amazingly rich, but oh so yummy.
And then the next dessert I made to enter the contest was another rendition of my peanut butter pie that I turned into a brownie bar. 
Both desserts won 1st place and 2nd place in a few categories.
 


These are the cute prizes that the girls made.


For his birthday dinner he chose Sonoran Dogs. We saw these on TV, while watching the food network. The only thing we don't add is the baked beans. It is a Cheddar Bratwurst wrapped in bacon and grilled, then in a bun you top it with cheese, ketchup, mustard, shredded lettuce, tomatoes and onions. I never thought that lettuce on a brat would taste so good.
Brax was so excited to give Brandon his present.  I ordered a curved shower rod online that he has been wanting for about a year now, it makes a small shower so much roomier. Then we also got him some gourmet root beer, and he got to rest for the remainder of the day. Of course with my camera being on the fritz I didn't get any pics, I don't know why I didn't. 

 For the 4th, Brandon had the day off and Edge had a BBQ at a park, I said I was going to go help cube watermelon that morning and Brandon really wanted me to etch the Edge logo into one of the watermelons. It took some time but it turned out pretty good.

There was a train that went around the park ( which was out of commission, luckily Brax understood that) and a splash pad you had to pay to get into. Brax had fun, but it lasted a little too long for him and me in that heat.  He loved playing with his friends all day.

 He found a new obsession while we were there...Soccer.





 Playing Choo Choo Trains on the tracks with his friends



 Time to cool down and rehydrate!

We'll make this Brandon's Birthday Picture. 
 The company had a "Fear Factor" competition for anyone who wanted to join.  Just thinking about it makes me gag. 
It started off with a spoon full of Mayonnaise.
 Then a dime size portion of Wasabi

This is the one that did Brandon in, a spoon full of butter. Yuck!!
 
What a cutie.





 While we were leaving Brax realized that we didn't get to go to the little water park/splash pad. He was devastated he cried and screamed so hard that he passed out in the car. I felt so bad. Brandon wanted to go with us so we waited but we should have just went. By the time we were all finished with games and the competition the park was closed. Brax was so upset he cried for an additional 30 minutes when we got home and wouldn't let us near him. He burried himself on our bed in pillows and blankets and pouted for an hour. I thought he was asleep, so I slipped in and laid down next to him only to get yelled at to get out.  I scooped him up anyway and kept telling him I'm sorry and that we would go back another time. I wanted to cry is was so devastated about it. He finally calmed down and ate some snacks and watched a movie with us.
A few cute snapshots that I've got of him doing cute things. We were over at a friends house and he was in the playroom drawing on the chalkboard, he came running to get me to show me his MERMAID! I don't know where he got mermaid from, he usually draws ghosts and dogs. But he was so proud of it, I've really been trying to encourage him to draw and color by himself. I have to give him the stuff and walk away. If I sit there and color with him he looks at me gets frustrated and wants me to do it for him. I don't like that he gives up so easily, we're trying to change that.

He has been obsessed with Transformers lately. We watched the first one on TV and then borrowed the second one from a friend. He has watched it everyday, so much that we are going to have to buy them. We are actually going to go with Brandon tonight to see the new one. Hoping Brax doesn't get scared, it looks like it might be a little bit more intense than the last two.
So, I walked into the kitchen a couple days ago and found this.
I asked him what he was doing and he said that his transformer (Optimus Prime) was fighting the bad transformer and the cars, bulldozer and newer dump truck were helping him fight the bad one (the rusty metal dump truck. It was too cute!
He came out of his room dressed like this saying he was a super hero. :)
 
Showing off his muscles...he doesn't this a lot lately. 
I think it's because I tell him that when he eats good foods like his milk, fruit and meats that it'll make his muscles get big like daddy's.
 Monkey Face!
 Silly Faces




 showing off his new underwear. :)
we had to upgrade him to boxer briefs cause he kept getting wedgies and constantly picking at this bum. I'm thinking it's cause of the humidity and that he is always sweating. Baby powder just wasn't cutting it. 

This morning I signed Brax up to go to Lowes and build a tow truck!
It was so much fun for him. He got to keep the apron and goggles and when he was all finished he got a patch that I sewed onto his apron when we got home. It's was a lot cooler than the stuff that Home Depot does. And next week they are making binoculars. We might go do that one too!




 putting the stickers on!

 All done and so Proud!
He's getting so darn big!


No comments:

Post a Comment