February 19, 2011

Happy Valentines!

This year Brandon surprised me with a weekend trip to Tempe. He got us a hotel and had a night planned with a delicious dinner, night at the dueling pianos. Dinner was so yummy. I decided to be adventurous and try something new. So I tried the Tempura Fried Avocado with Lobster Mélange, It was half an avocado lightly battered and fried topped with a variety of lobster chunks. This was laying on top of a plate of fried fresh spinach! Fried Spinach! who'd a thought to ever fry fresh spinach but it was amazing! I am definitely going to make it at home. Brandon got the Gorgonzola New York Strip Steak, the Gorgonzola sauce was not an appropriate choice top off a steak, Brandon ate it but it wasn't the best the steak had a dry texture. His sides were yummy though, he got a potato cake (which we will make at home, it was awesome!) and steamed zucchini which he gave to me cause he does not like zucchini. 
While we were at the Dueling pianos I wanted to get a picture, he blinked! Then he wouldn't let me take another one so this is the best I got.

On our way on Sunday afternoon we got stuck in the middle of nowhere for two hours because of an accident. There were so many people saying different things about what happened. In the paper a few days later the story came out. It turns out a homemade trailer became unhitched and veered off into the other lane and collided head on with a mini van carrying a recruit for the San Carlos Police Dept and a lady friend and her son. There were two helicopters who came to take the lady and son to the hospital, but sadly the police recruit died on impact. 

By the time we arrived home sunday night we went to pick up Braxton at a friends house. He didn't even care that I was there!!! It upset me a little but at the same time I was relieved that he had done so well for his first sleep over. He went to bed when they asked him to and ate for them also!  What a little punk! I have to fight him the majority of nights to go to bed and to eat. He had such a fun time there.  I went to drop him off on  Tuesday for a few hours so that I could go to Relief Society and when i came to get him he told me no and then jumped on the couch and said " I sleep." It was funny.



I got in the baking mood before we went on our weekend trip. But with the accident and the 2 hours delay I was up pretty late baking. But it all turned out delicious! I made yummy sugar cookies and pops with a strawberry glaze and vanilla frosting. And of course my rich Peanut butter mini fudge cupcakes topped off with mini heart cookie pops. I took the cookie bouquets and some of the cupcakes to work that day and the rest of the cookies and cupcakes to some neighbors.







Braxton's Birthday and Valentines Presents arrived on Valentines day!
He was so excited to get his presents.




 Yummy Chocolates!
Which we later opened and found out that they had melted in the mailbox. :)



  Checking out his new Buzz Lightyear umbrella



This gummy sucker was delicious! and he devoured it very quickly


No comments:

Post a Comment