Well bad news for all of us. I took him to the doctor this afternoon, and now i wish it was an ear infection but its not. He has "foot, hand, and mouth"!! WHAT THE!!!!!! Well for those you don't know (I didn't) He has small inner blisters on his hands, feet, and down his throat. Plus to make it worse there is nothing for it! just pain reliever! Uuuhhhhggg. Miserable.
So obviously the infants pain reliever isn't working so I went and bought childrens Tylenol, what a difference. But the past hour he woke up from his nap screaming with his feet in the air, He hasn't been able to walk but the tylenol that I forced down him is kicking in. He just let me put some heavy cushion socks on his feet. The doctor said that it lasts 5-7 days and is very very contagious.
So hopefully nobody else gets it. The Doc said u can get it from anywhere. For us it had to be the nursery on sunday. So we won't be going to church on sunday.
And yes, he is getting pampered. Since he can't eat, he gets whatever he wants. Luckily he loves ice cold "V8 Tropical Orange Juice"
Thanks for the comments u guys!
wow! what a crazy thing! i hope you get some type of rest. popsicles would be a godo idea too!! call if you need to talk. i am glad that you were able to get it figured out. do you have his immunizations up to date too?
ReplyDeleteI had never heard of foot, hand, and mouth until yesterday. That is so crazy. So did the doctor explain anymore than "you can get it from anywhere?" I would like to know so Brydon could avoid getting that. Can adults get it too? That is so crazy. Good luck little buddy. Hope it goes away quick.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! I am sorry about the foot, hand and mouth! I hope your summer gets better!
ReplyDelete