March 14, 2009


Smarty Pants


He is learning so much lately. Today Braxton was told to go find his shoes. He came back with his word book and pointed to the word shoes and said ooes!!

The Following are some cute pictures my little energy ball.








 Easter 2009













On January 18, 2009 

We Celebrated

Braxton's First Birthday!!!

He didn't know what to think! He got pizza, cake, ice cream, balloons, and so many toys!!! It was lots of FUN!
(besides the fact that he had a cold and medicine was the only thing that made him feel better.)

Birthday Lunch with Grandma Merry!




Party with both sides of the family


















Braxton's 1st Year
January 18----After 13 hours of easy labor, because mom slept through all of it but 2 hours; a beautiful baby boy was born at 1:04 A.M. named Braxton Dean.
January 19----Braxton could not pass his hearing test in his left ear.
January 20----He passed his hearing!!! We went home.
“Braxton is very easy going and sleeps extremely well through the night. He loves to sit with Dad and watch the TV, it is so cute. He is so active and alert I am going to be in trouble when he gets older. Ha ha.”
March 23----Easter! Braxton is so cute in his little Sunday outfit with missionary badge and tie.
April 1 -------We fooled Grandma Merry, Aunt Stacee, and Aunt Krystal by telling them Braxton was going to have a little sibling. It did not go over well.
May 16------Uncle Bryan’s Birthday and the first time Braxton has ever seen fire, we have a little pyro on our hands.
May 21 ------He is starting to roll. Only onto his side, won’t be long now.
May 26------Braxton’s first camping trip. It was so fun even though it rained majority of the time. Ooh, he loves the camp fire.
May 27------How cute while mom was mowing the lawn Braxton fell asleep in the porch swing outside.
May 28------Teething!!!! 2 bottom teeth are trying to come in.
June 6------- Holding onto the grass outside Mr. wobbly is sitting up with enthusiasm.
June 11-----Fully sitting up and rolling everywhere. He has realized that when he is sitting up and can see something he wants he will fall over and roll his way to it. Smart little fart.
July 1--------Smiles for the camera when told to.
July 4------Independence Day! We were camping with Grandma & Grandpa Hawkes at Lake Jenny in Jackson, WY. That is where Braxton saw his first fireworks. He was not scared!! He liked them and even got bored after the first 10 minutes. Weird tiny kid.
July 21------First hair cut.
August 4----Learned how to army crawl.
August 8----Waved Hi for the first time.
August 11----Said mom while she was ignoring him talking to dad.
August 14---Says mama, no, hi, and hey baby.
August 16---He has a tooth!!! His first tooth came in peacefully overnight. Yeah!
August 20----Braxton chases lucky around everywhere, poor dog.
August 23----Crawls on all fours. He has his second tooth! Again peacefully at night
August 28----Pulls himself up to everything.
September----Crawls as fast as he can when Dad walks through the door!
September 10--Cruising and Bruising
September 15--First steps!!
October 4----Stands all by himself
October 14---Walking 5-10 feet alone. Standing alone bent over picked up a toy and stood back up, and took a few steps.
October 15---Fell asleep sitting up in the cart while shopping at Wal-Mart. He climbs up the back of the couch to get to the window. Attempting to climb onto the couch.
October 17---Braxton snuck into the bathroom and learned how to flush the toilet!!!!! Ahhhhh!!! Got stuck between the bed and the wall while mom was making her bed.
October 24---Walking very steadily, Said the dogs name “Lucky” but it came out “ucky”. Stood up in the tub, and fell over backwards.
October 26---Says Dada! Can point out mom, dad, himself, and lucky in a picture with no help. Now we are learning body parts.
October 29---Met uncle Tyler for the first time.(returned from his mission)
October 31---Halloween!! Braxton was a cute little red haired Vampire with binky teeth and all. We went to the trick or treat street waited forever to get any candy. But when he figured out what was going on he started looking for suckers in his bucket if it wasn’t a sucker he pulled out he would drop it over the side of the stroller. Fully walking toddler. Daddy wasn’t able to celebrate with us so we had a party before he left for work
November 2--- Another tooth attempting to come in. First ear infection and sore throat. Poor Baby.
November 6---Braxton fell and got his first goose egg on his forehead. He hit his head on the corner of the coffee table. I’m Shocked this is only the first time.
November 9--That wretched tooth finally came in. Now he has three!!
November 27--- First Thanksgiving! Due to work, Daddy was unable to make it. Braxton ate like a pig, he did so well at eating everything I put on his plate.
December 2008
Braxton loves the to be outside even though it’s freezing and snowing. Daddy won’t
be able to be with us for Christmas. (working in the oil fields again).
We had Christmas Eve with Grandma and Grandpa Hawkes a couple nights before Daddy had to leave for work and that next morning had Christmas Day with daddy also and opened his presents. Then mommy and Braxton spent the Christmas break with Grandma merry her house. Then daddy came home on New Years Eve!




A Tribute to all Mothers

“Before I was a Mom
I never tripped over toys
Or forgot word to a lullaby
I didn’t worry whether or not
My plants were poisonous
I never though about immunizations
Before I was a Mom
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
And my thoughts
I slept all night
Before I was a Mom
I never held down a screaming child
So doctors could do tests
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
Watch a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because
I didn’t want to put him down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn’t stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small
Could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much
I never knew I would love being a Mom…
Before I was a Mom,
I didn’t know the feeling of
Having my heart outside my body.
I didn’t know how special it could feel
To fee a hungry baby.
I DIDN’T KNOW THAT BOND
Between a mother and her child.
I didn’tknow that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
Every 15 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never know the warmth,
The joy, The Love, The Heartache, The wonderment
Or the satisfaction of being a Mom…
I didn’t know I was capable of feeling so much
Before I was a Mom.



3 comments:

  1. What a cute boy. Hope you guys are enjoying Arizona and that nice warm weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny!! How are you guys doing? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know about your blog! Your little family is so cute! Brandon is adorable!

    ReplyDelete